Sometimes you don’t have the time to go home and re-touch your makeup if you’re going from work to dinner or an event. Like for example today I’m going from work directly to a protest and I want to look my best. So today I wanted to do a quick post about what can you find in my touch-up bag. Please excuse my super dirty brushes, they are due for a cleaning.
The bag that I brought in today is bigger than what I usually use because I had to store so many products. I got my bag from KIKO Cosmetics that I got on their website for $15. I bought a bunch of their travel bags because they are good quality bags at an inexpensive price. I looked on Sephora for a bag that was similar and I found one from Sephora Collection called The Vacationer for $49, almost three times the price for I paid for the KIKO bag. Buy it here.
What’s in the bag?
- Morphe E2 Powder Brush ($19.99)- I love this brush for applying powders and swiping away the bakeage. The one I have is from the first Elite collection and its duo fiber, they have one from the Elite 2 collection (same number) that is synthetic instead of duo fiber. Buy here.
- Morphe G7 Round Powder Brush ($14.99)- This is my go to blush brush! It blends out the color beautifully and it’s super soft. It’s the first brush I reach to when I’m doing my blush and I wouldn’t change it for the world. Buy it here.
- Morphe M601 Fan Brush ($4.99)- I go between this brush and another one to apply my highlighter and as you will see down below. It is well loved. Searching the Morphe site for this brush was not fun since you can’t even see any of the writing anymore. Buy here.
- Real Techniques Powder Brush ($9.99)- My favorite powder brush and it’s so inexpensive! You can get this at Walgreens, Target and Ulta.
- MAC Cosmetics 135 ($42)- This brush is so amazing that even my cat wants it all for herself. I used to play where’s Waldo with this brush every morning for a good 3 months after I got it because my cat kept hiding it from me. This is an amazing brush to apply bronzer, it applies even and not too harsh. It’s an investment compared to the others but it’s totally worth it. Buy it
- Luxie Beauty x Jadeywadey 180 Glam The Chisler Face Brush 181 ($36)- Wow that was a mouthful. I bought this brush a couple of months ago, and the funny thig was that I didn’t even want it. I wanted the nose contour brush and it was sold out individually so I could only get it in the set. But then I used it and it was a match made in heaven. The bristles are ssuuupper soft and it’s the perfect size for the undereye area. It is sold out but you can sign up to be notified
- Beauty Blender in Black ($20)- Do I even have to explain why? It’s just amazing! I do prefer it in black because not only is it my favorite color but I’ve heard that some of the other bleed out their color. Buy it here.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in Medium Light Neutral ($28)- I usually switch it out between this concealer and the Tarte Shape Tape but I like this color better. I used to be all about that bright undereye but lately I prefer a subtler neutralizing shade. I usually get them either at Sephora or Ulta.
- RCMA Makeup No Color Powder ($12)- I used to use the Laura Mercier powder religiously until I discovered this gem. I saw Kathleen Lights recommend it and the price was what won me over. You get more powder for less money versus with the Laura Mercier. The only this I hate is the container, it’s just annoying. I usually get it on Beautylish.
- MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Golden ($33)- This has been my holy grail powder since I got into makeup. I love how it’s so finely milled, light and you don’t feel like you have a complete cakeface with this on. The only thing I don’t like about the new MAC packaging is that you can’t see the powder before opening it and all the packaging looks the same. There have been many times that I’ve applied my Give Me Sun! as my face powder instead of this one. Buy here!
- MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun! ($33)- I honestly only bought this because Desi Perkins was talking about this all the time on her channel but I can see why. The bronzer is the perfect warm tone but be careful! A little goes a looong way, if you do too much you’ll end up looking like an Oompa Loompa. Get it here.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brown Definer in Dark Brown ($23)- I’ve already done extensive posts on how I love this so much so you check them out. Since I’m oily I do feel like my brows tend to melt off no matter how much I set them so I just bring this to fill in any faded spots. Buy Here!
- Becca Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Splits in Prosecco/Amaretto- Don’t hate on me, I know it’s limited edition. I mentioned the face palette on one of my last posts and the only reason I bought this was because I knew that the blush and highlighter were limited addition and these were my favorite colors of the face palette.
- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray ($31)- Now to set the face I use this spray, has been my favorite for the longest time. I still have one with the old packaging but the new packaging looks soo cooool! But it here.